top of page
Château de Lescours

The Château de Lescours was built in 1341. Its name comes from its first lord: Pey de Lascortz, squire to King Edward III of England (1327-1377).

In 1582 and 1583, the Château served as an asylum for Henri de Navarre (the future Henri IV), as well as several other great figures. 

From its foundation, the Château de Lescours was one of the largest estates in the region. 

The building is surrounded by wide and deep moats; fortifications were intended to defend from the approach of possible enemies coming from the Dordogne located only 500 meters away. The most observant will guess the old loopholes of the castle. 

Over the centuries the castle underwent transformations, especially during the Renaissance: openings, roof, bridge, stairs, balusters... A large part of the medieval building was destroyed. 


It was only in the 19th century that the first vines were planted, producing red wines from the Appellation Saint-Émilion Grand Cru ever since. 

For 5 generations now, the CHARIOL family has watched over the prosperity of this estate, steeped in history.

At 16, Pierre CHARIOL, from a family of 9 children, chose the path of his ancestors. School is not his thing, he prefers back roads, the time of cherries and mocking blackbirds. His passion is farmer, winegrower, hunter, fisherman, observer of stars, mushrooms, grapes and anthills!

He has now been the manager of the property for 40 years and wishes to keep all the authenticity and friendliness of the place in Lescours.

bottom of page